Wow! A horse can drink 10 gallons of water in a day. Can you beat horses to it despite the health campaign for human beings to drink at least two liters of water a day? In fact, other medical experts recommend half of your body weight per day. So, if you weigh 60kg, you drink 30kg in water volume a day. With all these recommendations, man cannot still beat horse to this fact.
Horse is a mammal, found in almost all the parts of the world. Its scientific name is Equus Caballus. Not only are horses graceful, but also very athletic and highly energetic.
Horses have been used for domestic chores for long and have formed a very warm bond with human beings. They play a very important role in transportation, agriculture and warfare in the past.
According to information available to kiddiesafricanews.com, here are some Fun facts about horses:
- You can know the age of a horse by counting its teeth
- The average weight of a horse’s head is 11.84 pounds and heart is 10 pounds
- A horse can easily drink up to 10 gallons of water in a day.
- Horses can communicate with the use of their facial expressions.
- The hoof of a horse never stops growing, like fingernail, and has to be clipped on a regular basis.